Now before you all get carried away, like I did, thinking of glittering award ceremonies, cocktail dresses and gushing speeches this is more of a chain letter linking to lots of other blogs. But it involves listing and nosiness so I am in!
The deal is:
- post 11 facts about you.
- Answer the 11 questions set my your nominator.
- Nominate and link to 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Like Nomad Seeks Home I've gone by Bloglovin followers.
- Set 11 questions for your nominees.
- And an important one for me - remember to let your nominees know you've tagged them
- Caffeine is my friend. And also the reason that I am able to function at all before 11am.
- I am a complete night owl and hate getting up every single morning. Ideally I would sleep until noon and not go to bed until 5am. Unfortunately, the school run clashes with this way of life.
- I can't spell for
tofie toffytoffee and still have to repeat b, bat then ball or d, drum then stick if I'm tired.
- Despite my crappy spelling and dyslexic tendencies I'm a passionate hand-writer. All my blog posts are drafted in a notebook. I can't think properly at a computer screen and am far too easily distracted by twitter and pintrest.
- I am the proud owner of a scary long term memory. I have crystal clear memories right back to getting a scooter for my 3rd birthday. Short term is not so reliable and names never stick.
- Still searching for spirituality. I've explored Christianity, Paganism and Buddhism. Still looking.
- I have tried (several times) to have serious apocalypse planning discussions with g. His refusal to contribute means he's is an integral part of my plan - zombie bait!
- Despite making tonnes of them I hate cup cakes. I have an alternative name that I probably shouldn't tell you here, but it starts with the same first 2 letters!
- Oh I swear like a sailor. Most of the time I reign it in for the sake of children and my mum. But when I get excited, cross, nervous, etc the air goes a bit blue.
- I am a champion level procrastinator.
- I hate coconut. I can tolerate coconut milk, but desiccated coconut is, as far as I'm concerned, the devil's dandruff. The smell of coconut, especially hair products makes me nauseous.
Nomad Seeks Home's questions answered
- What's number 1 on your bucket list?
I don't really have a bucket list as such but I really want to do Christmas in New York. Elf style.
- Why did you start blogging?
I've always written. Blogging is about pushing me out of my comfort zone and seeing if anyone can make sense of my ramblings.
- What's the most beautiful location you've ever found yourself in?
Last year we holidayed on the Isles of Lewis and Harris in the Outer Hebridies. It was spectacular, see below...
- Who dropped the screw in the tuna? If you can't answer this then your not around my age, ha ha.
Google to the rescue. Kenan and Kel. I am obviously an auld bird, because I still have no idea what this is all about.
- What is your perfect snack?
- Sweet or savoury?
Sweet. I keep trying to quit sugar and falling of the wagon into a packet of maltesers.
- What is your dream job?
- Celebrity crush?
They haven't changed in nearly 20 years! Johnny Depp and Ewan McGregor.
- Vintage or new clothes?
I love the idea of vintage but never find anything fabulous. I compromise with new vintage Lindy Bop or Tiger Milly are current favourites.
- What is your favourite book?
Witch Light by Susan Fletcher
- Have you been to any blogger events?
Nope, am a newbie and finding my feet first.
My nominees are
Bead it and Weep
Duck in a Dress
Flat Out Glasgow
My 11 questions are
- What was your proudest moment?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- What are you currently raving about?
- What is your favourite/spirit animal?
- What's your guiltiest pleasure?
- What would make it as your weirdest superstition or ritual?
- Excluding people or pets what would you rescue if your house was on fire?
- If you don't recognise the number how you answer the phone? Do you have a posh phone voice?
- What was your last google search for?
- Where do you write?
- Lets get materialistic, what have you spent a fortune on and never regretted even one shiny penny of it?